Learning about addiction and addiction recovery with Susan and Dr. Will Horton
- Dr. Horton’s own past with addiction, overcoming, and growth to become a leading expert in the treatment of addiction.
- What NLP (neuro-linguistic programing) and hypnosis are and how they factor into addiction treatment.
- Self-regulatory addictions verses avoidance addictions.
- NLP works with the operating system in the brain and by changing the process, allowing the change to happen from the inside out.
- The 12-step program is great…for some people. Addiction manifests differently and, like any other illness, responds to different treatments for different people.
- Think of social media and the internet like food – as a tool to survive. We can’t avoid it in today’s age, but it is a tool, not a free for all.
“An experience is just an experience. It’s how we label that experience that means everything. Don’t pre-label an experience before you have it – have the experience first then decide.” — Dr. Will Horton
Connect with Dr. Will Horton:
Twitter: @cowboy_doc & @docnlp
Facebook: William D. Horton
Website: No-More-Internet-Addiction.com & AASolved.com & UltimateFatLoss4U.com
Book: The Alcohol & Addiction Solution & Habits for Success
LinkedIn: Dr. Will Horton
Connect with Susan Dascenzi:
Facebook: Kick Your Buts
Book: See Books Here!
Show: Kick Your Buts
YouTube: Susan Dascenzi
LinkedIn: Susan L. Dascenzi, MSW, LCSW