Learning about addiction and addiction recovery with Susan and Dr. Will Horton
- Dr. Horton’s own past with addiction, overcoming, and growth to become a leading expert in the treatment of addiction.
- What NLP (neuro-linguistic programing) and hypnosis are and how they factor into addiction treatment.
- Self-regulatory addictions verses avoidance addictions.
- NLP works with the operating system in the brain and by changing the process, allowing the change to happen from the inside out.
- The 12-step program is great…for some people. Addiction manifests differently and, like any other illness, responds to different treatments for different people.
- Think of social media and the internet like food – as a tool to survive. We can’t avoid it in today’s age, but it is a tool, not a free for all.
“An experience is just an experience. It’s how we label that experience that means everything. Don’t pre-label an experience before you have it – have the experience first then decide.” — Dr. Will Horton Connect with Dr. Will Horton: Twitter: @cowboy_doc & @docnlp Facebook: William D. Horton Website: No-More-Internet-Addiction.com & AASolved.com & UltimateFatLoss4U.com Email: DrWillHorton@gmail.com Book: The Alcohol & Addiction Solution & Habits for Success LinkedIn: Dr. Will Horton Instagram: @drwillhorton FREE Ebook Connect with Susan Dascenzi: Email: email@example.com Twitter: @butskick Facebook: Kick Your Buts Instagram: @kickyourbuts Website: KickYourButs.com Book: See Books Here! Show: Kick Your Buts YouTube: Susan Dascenzi LinkedIn: Susan L. Dascenzi, MSW, LCSW